A few weeks ago, I shared a clip with you from a new DVD by hammer-maker extraordinaire, Bill Fretz.
In this clip, Bill demonstrates planishing with the Fretz HMR-1 Hammer and the Fretz anvils. I like this clip because the piece he's working on gets great shine, texture, and form as he goes, and Bill talks about his hammering technique throughout.
Both Fretz DVDs are available at riogrande.com now.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Trackbacks are disabled.
Welcome to The Studio, a meeting place for those who, like all of us at Rio Grande, share a passion for making jewelry.
This little corner of the web is your opportunity to meet and visit with our experts and the experts who are our friends and partners. Come by often and see what’s new. Offer your take on the latest and greatest in your shop or studio.
Whether you’re just starting out or are always on the prowl for a new idea or inspiration, we look forward to getting to know you!
- What Are You Working on Now? Show Us Your Stuff AND Enter Our June Contest!
- 2012 Saul Bell Design Award Winner Marina Babić
- What’s Hot Now: Gold-Filled Treasures!
- In the Spotlight: How Scrimshaw Art Found Dennis Sims
- Look! The Center for Metal Arts is Accepting Entries for its 2nd Annual Foldforming Competition!