Today, we're pleased to bring you the second installment of a spotlight on well-known artist and teacher, Hattie Sanderson. On Monday, we shared a peek of her wonderful new book, Contemporary Metal Clay Rings, and today we're privileged to share a more in-depth look at Hattie's techniques, with a step-by-step project directly from her book! The following excerpt is made available compliments of Brynmorgen Press, and used with permission.
In this project, Hattie shows us how to make an interchangeable spinner ring using a steel threaded rod, nuts, and bolts.
Interchangeable Spinner Ring
Use steel threaded rod, nuts and bolts to create an interchangeable ring with spinning parts. The design allows you to change out the spinner parts to create several different looks to suit your mood.
Are you craving more of Hattie's innovative construction and design? Contemporary Metal Clay Rings is filled with exciting projects! Have you used metal clay to make some rings of your own? If so, we'd love to see them. Be sure to share a picture or two in the comments!
Posted By Hattie Sanderson
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Trackbacks are disabled.
Welcome to The Studio, a meeting place for those who, like all of us at Rio Grande, share a passion for making jewelry.
This little corner of the web is your opportunity to meet and visit with our experts and the experts who are our friends and partners. Come by often and see what’s new. Offer your take on the latest and greatest in your shop or studio.
Whether you’re just starting out or are always on the prowl for a new idea or inspiration, we look forward to getting to know you!
Login / Register / Subscribe
- Annie Koenig’s Saul Bell Design Journey Chapter Three: Walking Through the Challenges of Surrender
- Saul Bell Design Award Winners, Valerie Jo Coulson and Bruce Hartman: The Stories Behind the Artists
- Packaging Tips: Five Practical and Creative Ideas to Wrap Your Jewelry Beautifully!
- Annie Koenig’s Saul Bell Design Journey Chapter Two: Surrender is a Finalist!
- Rolling Mill Know-How Part Two: Tips on Use, Care, and Maintenance