Argentium Sterling Silver has really turned a lot of heads since its introduction a few years ago. Developed by Professor Peter Johns of Middlesex University, Argentium really took off because of the enthusiasm of American silversmiths for its special working and tarnish-resistance properties.
Recently, the film crew at Middlesex University produced a short documentary about Peter Johns and how the alloy he developed has been embraced by silversmiths around the world. As the Argentium metals manager here at Rio Grande, I was asked to contribute an American perspective to this British film. Take a look and let us know what you think!
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Trackbacks are disabled.
Welcome to The Studio, a meeting place for those who, like all of us at Rio Grande, share a passion for making jewelry.
This little corner of the web is your opportunity to meet and visit with our experts and the experts who are our friends and partners. Come by often and see what’s new. Offer your take on the latest and greatest in your shop or studio.
Whether you’re just starting out or are always on the prowl for a new idea or inspiration, we look forward to getting to know you!
- What Are You Working on Now? Show Us Your Stuff AND Enter Our June Contest!
- 2012 Saul Bell Design Award Winner Marina Babić
- What’s Hot Now: Gold-Filled Treasures!
- In the Spotlight: How Scrimshaw Art Found Dennis Sims
- Look! The Center for Metal Arts is Accepting Entries for its 2nd Annual Foldforming Competition!