Argentium Sterling Silver has really turned a lot of heads since its introduction a few years ago. Developed by Professor Peter Johns of Middlesex University, Argentium really took off because of the enthusiasm of American silversmiths for its special working and tarnish-resistance properties.
Recently, the film crew at Middlesex University produced a short documentary about Peter Johns and how the alloy he developed has been embraced by silversmiths around the world. As the Argentium metals manager here at Rio Grande, I was asked to contribute an American perspective to this British film. Take a look and let us know what you think!
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Trackbacks are disabled.
Welcome to The Studio, a meeting place for those who, like all of us at Rio Grande, share a passion for making jewelry.
This little corner of the web is your opportunity to meet and visit with our experts and the experts who are our friends and partners. Come by often and see what’s new. Offer your take on the latest and greatest in your shop or studio.
Whether you’re just starting out or are always on the prowl for a new idea or inspiration, we look forward to getting to know you!
- Grow Your Business at Rio Grande’s Winter Workshop
- Rio Grande’s Holiday Hours: Don’t Wait Until the Last Moment!
- The Ten Best Social Media Strategies for Jewelry
- Rio Grande Tech Team’s Holiday Wish List: Picks for Every Jeweler!
- Thanks for Giving! The Montezuma Ball and Jewelry Artist Shane Hendren’s Generous Spirit