Marbles? Yes, marbles, one of my favorite childhood toys. I would sit for hours playing, counting, and sorting (my favorite was a super-cool yellow and black swirl that reminded me of a bumblebee). Needless to say, I was thrilled when I first watched Tim Sheriff’s video on how to make a marble pendant using the Swanstrom Link-Forming Pliers.
Check out the video below to see just how easy it is!
Interested in getting some hands-on time with these and other Swanstrom pliers? Check out our Winter Workshop class Jewelry Making with Swanstrom Pliers, taught by THE Tim Sheriff! Seats are limited and already filling up fast, so sign up while you can!
Now, excuse me while I go rummage through storage boxes to find my stash of marbles.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Trackbacks are disabled.
Welcome to The Studio, a meeting place for those who, like all of us at Rio Grande, share a passion for making jewelry.
This little corner of the web is your opportunity to meet and visit with our experts and the experts who are our friends and partners. Come by often and see what’s new. Offer your take on the latest and greatest in your shop or studio.
Whether you’re just starting out or are always on the prowl for a new idea or inspiration, we look forward to getting to know you!
Login / Register / Subscribe
- Business Know-How with Marlene Richey: Post-Show Savvy—Ten Things to Take Away
- Game of Shells: Abalone Crowned 2014’s Top Trend
- Jewelry Industry News: Enter the Annual Lewton-Brain Foldform Competition!
- Education at Rio Grande: How Full is Your Techniques Toolbox?
- Finally! A Calibrated Ring-Sizing System from Tool Designer Kate Wolf