“IT’S FOR THE CHILDREN!”
This is the proclamation my teammates have been hearing from me for the last several weeks. At each morning’s production meeting, I’ve been rallying the creative team working on the marketing collateral for our annual Jewelers for Children (JFC) fundraising efforts. Around my fifth round of proselytizing, they started poking fun, playfully mocking me, beating me to the punch in unison, “It’s for the children!”
That energetic camaraderie proved successful for Rio’s internal fundraising efforts and peaked this past weekend during our first annual Rings of Strength 5K Run/Walk, 10K Bike Event…24 Rio associates set up fundraising pages and collected nearly $2200 in donations for JFC…now, we’re asking fellow jewelers to join our efforts for this worthy charity!
Jewelers for Children, a strictly non-profit endeavor, makes significant and lasting improvements to the lives of children throughout this country and around the world.
Since 1999, JFC has distributed more than 40 million dollars to a wide range of charities that focus on benefitting children whose lives have been directly affected by illness, abuse or neglect. For example, JFC has funded:
• Nearly 15,000 wishes through the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America and Make-A-Wish International.
• Assistance for more than 5,500 children in foster care through the CASA Association.
• HIV-free births for more than 150,000 African babies through the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation.
• Care for more than 1,000 children at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Industry members like you are the reason these efforts and many others like them are possible.
There are TWO easy ways to make a hassle-free, tax-deductible contribution, ensuring children get the critical support they need. Every dollar makes a difference and, together, our contributions make a positive, substantive and lasting difference in children’s lives.
- Visit Jewelers for Children’s website to learn about the charity, and simply enter your donation in the green bar at the bottom.
- Support Rio associates who will be participating in the Las Vegas Rings of Strength event held during JCK. Rising in the very early hours (5:30 a.m. to avoid the Vegas scorcher) of Thursday, May 29, Patrick Sage (Product Manager for our equipment line), Mark Nelson (our in-house “celebrity” from Beads Baubles & Jewels and many of our instructional videos) and Cody Johnson (a member of our Inventory Management Team and athlete extraordinaire) will be out earning support for JFC from near and far….and they could use a shot of encouragement from you, too! Mark’s goal (other than donating megabucks to JFC)? “Not to heave my guts out afterwards…oh, and to beat Cody across the line. I’m not likely to, but that’s my goal.”
Visit the Rio Grande fundraising page and make your donation directly to the Rio Grande Team or to any of our three athletes! Why? IT’S FOR THE CHILDREN!
Look for pix and results here after the event (maybe Mark actually will beat Cody to the line!) and find out how we did this year.