This month we held our usual What Are You Working on Now? Contest, but we introduced a twist! We asked you to limit your entries to only the metal clay creations that are currently on your bench. And with this metal clay theme, our chosen winner won a 30g package of WHITE COPPRclay™ (in addition to the sweet little spotlight you’ll see below).
Why metal clay, you ask? We’re looking for fun ways to get brand new WHITE COPPRclay into your hands! The clay was developed by Bill Struve at Metal Adventures and is made mostly of copper particles, but has a dash of nickel mixed in to give it its gorgeous silvery-gray color. Like the other clays from Metal Adventures, the metal particles are held together with binder and water, giving it a silky workability.
A wide range of metal clay creations were entered, including a tiny pug bead, some wee delicate charms, a yin/yang pendant, and a mysterious little screened window. All the entries were appreciated and this month’s winner is Anise Rodriguez, who charmed us with her WHITE COPPRclay locket!
This is made from WHITE COPPRclay. I was meeting an old friend whom I hadn’t seen in a while, and my inspiration was to make her a locket to enclose a picture of the puppy she lost a few years ago. All of my designs are made with textures or carving. I wanted to be able to close the locket with a clasp of some sort and I wanted it to look like a miniature fairy door. I wanted it to be unique and mysterious.
Here are few other treasures from Anise’s Etsy store, SeavBeach Designs:
Congratulations, Anise! Now it’s your turn to show us what you’re working on. What inspires you these days? What materials are you dying to work with? Add a comment to this post with photos of something that’s on your bench right now. This next part is REALLY important, so take notes!
WE NEED THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IN ORDER FOR YOUR ENTRY TO BE CONSIDERED.
- To enter, leave a comment right here in the comments on THIS BLOG POST.
- In your comment, share one or more photos of a creation from your bench in ANY state of completion.
- Tell us a little about your approach or technique. Describe how this piece came to be and give us some context. Your fellow jewelers LOVE to read this stuff and so do we.
- Be sure to give us your FULL NAME and include a link to your blog, website, and Etsy store. We want a chance to see more examples of your work!
- After you add your comment, be sure to check back and make sure your photo has properly uploaded. We don’t want to miss your pic!
Enter and, this time next month, you might be spending an extra 20 bucks at Rio Grande and basking in The Studio glow! Our next winner will be in the spotlight in September—reminders will be posted on Rio’s Facebook page, so visit us often! The contest deadline is September 3, 2014 at midnight—reminders will be posted on Rio’s Facebook page, so visit us often!