Well folks, it’s that time again! Each month we ask the question, “What Are You Working on Now?” and we eagerly await a peek at your jewelry bench. We love to see inside your studios and hear about how your work is evolving. Each month we also feature the work of a random winner—who, in addition to getting a moment in The Studio spotlight, wins a $20 Rio credit!
This month’s winner is Beth Beck of Lawrenceburg, Kentucky.
Most times I sit down at the bench and just start bending silver or copper wire to see what I can create. Then, on occasion, there’s a special gemstone that requires a little more care and dedication, as was the case with this unique imperial jasper. This is when I draw out a design. If I’ve learned anything, it’s that sometimes, no matter how hard I try, a piece just doesn’t come together like my drawing. However, this one is right on track. This is what’s currently on my bench.
And here are a few handcrafted pieces from Beth’s Etsy store, BM Studio:
Now it’s your turn to show us what you’re working on. What inspires you these days? What materials are you dying to work with? Add a comment to this post with photos of something that’s on your bench right now.
This next part is REALLY important, so take notes!
WE NEED THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IN ORDER FOR YOUR ENTRY TO BE CONSIDERED.
- To enter, leave a comment right here in the comments on THIS BLOG POST.
- In your comment, share one or more photos of a creation from your bench in ANY state of completion.
- Tell us a little about your approach or technique. Describe how this piece came to be and give us some context. Your fellow jewelers LOVE to read this stuff and so do we.
- Be sure to give us your FULL NAME and include a link to your blog, website, and/or Etsy store. We want a chance to see more examples of your work!
- After you add your comment, be sure to check back and make sure your photo has properly uploaded. We don’t want to miss your pic!
Enter and, this time next month, you might be spending an extra 20 bucks at Rio Grande and basking in The Studio glow!
Our next winner will be in the spotlight in December—reminders will be posted on Rio’s Facebook page, so visit us often! The contest deadline is December 3, 2014 at midnight.