Well folks, it’s that time again! Each month we ask the question, “What Are You Working on Now?” and we eagerly await a peek at your jewelry bench! We love to see inside your studios and hear about how your work is evolving. Each month we also feature the work of a random winner—who, in addition to getting a moment in The Studio spotlight, wins a $20 Rio credit!
This month’s winner is Meher Dasgupta who makes handcrafted jewelry in her Texas studio. Here’s what Meher has on her bench right now:
My name is Meher Dasgupta and I am the artist behind Tantra Jewelry. I am originally from India and am greatly inspired by my heritage. I do not have an official website but am proud to have a Tantra Jewelry Facebook page with a bunch of loyal followers .
I am not formally trained in art apart from a few classes I took at an art center over the years. My day time job is very different from jewelry making—I am a physician. I have always loved creating and have been very drawn to copper and brass which are my primary go to metals.
My latest work is a series of Goddess Durga pendants. Durga is revered in India and is the embodiment of the divine feminine. This particular Durga created by me is etched on copper, torch fired, embellished with swarovski crystals, and then strung with gorgeous Brazilian quartz.
I hope you will give me feedback on my page! Namaste!
And here are a few handcrafted pieces from Meher’s Tantra Jewelry Facebook page:
Now it’s your turn to show us what you’re working on. What inspires you these days? What materials are you dying to work with? Add a comment to this post with photos of something that’s on your bench right now.
This next part is REALLY important, so take notes!
WE NEED THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IN ORDER FOR YOUR ENTRY TO BE CONSIDERED.
- To enter, leave a comment right here in the comments on THIS BLOG POST.
- In your comment, share one or more photos of a creation from your bench in ANY state of completion.
- Tell us a little about your approach or technique. Describe how this piece came to be and give us some context. Your fellow jewelers LOVE to read this stuff and so do we.
- Be sure to give us your FULL NAME and include a link to your blog, website, and/or Etsy store. We want a chance to see more examples of your work!
- After you add your comment, be sure to check back and make sure your photo has properly uploaded. We don’t want to miss your pic!
Enter and, this time next month, you might be spending an extra 20 bucks at Rio Grande and basking in The Studio glow!
Our next winner will be in the spotlight in November—reminders will be posted on Rio’s Facebook page, so visit us often! The contest deadline is November 3, 2014 at midnight.